FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Terms of Service
Details re: our Legal Terms of Service and Privacy Polices are at the bottom of this page.
Where are you located?
Vancouver Island is home, and our warehouse located in Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada. Initially our focus will be primarily on products from the Comox Valley area, new items from across the Island will be added throughout 2017.
How does the local delivery service work?
When you submit your order, you will provide your email address and/or phone number so that we can contact you personally. We will then set up a time that works for you to deliver the product directly to your home, hotel, vacation home, or other destination. At this time local delivery is only available within the Comox Valley, and requires 24 hours notice.
Do you provide rush services if I need my order today?
Send us a note at email@example.com and we will do our best to meet your needs based on availability. A $10 same day delivery rate will be charged, but providing exceptional customer service is really what we are about!
What types of products do you carry?
Our goal is to represent the producers and artisans of Vancouver Island, by focusing as much as possible on items that are locally grown and made. There may be exceptions to this rule only if we find delicious, quality items that compliment our other products (olive oil for example).
What if I can’t find the product I’m looking for?
If there is a product that you would like to see us carry, or something from an exising vendor that we don’t have listed, please send us a note and let us know. We do not carry every possible product, but can certainly get it for you and consider adding it to our inventory.
How can I sell my products through Westcoast Gourmet Provisions?
We are always looking for exceptional products to add to our site. If you would like to promote your business through Westcoast Gourmet, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you directly. We will also be introducing optional business development and marketing services to our suppliers in the New Year to help promote culinary and agri-tourism for Vancouver Island.
Why go “online” when shopping local is so important and we have such great markets and specialty stores?
Our concept allows you to explore the artisan food and beverage products of Vancouver Island, by using the website to provide information about local vendors or by ordering their products to be delivered directly to you. Many customers do not have the time for a farm tour and cannot make it out to the local markets and specialty stores, but still want to enjoy unique local products.
Do you offer Advertising Opportunities on the site?
Absolutely! At this point we have 2 sponsors that have onsite advertisements linking to their websites, and we will be rotating them on a monthly basis for a nominal fee. We will be adding additional sponsorship opportunities in the New Year. Please send us a note at email@example.com if you would like to be a sponsor.
What can you deliver locally?
Our intent is not only to offer shelf stable products, but to supply “provisions” to our customers. Produce from local farms, fresh pasta, seafood, meats, premade soups and chowders – we really want to introduce you to all that the Island has to offer in the way of food and beverage products.
Do you guarantee Gluten Free products?
We will do our best to customize product offerings to account for allergies and dietary restrictions, but can not guarantee or take responsibility for the processing.
What other services do you offer?
When we travel, we often wish we knew the favourite local restaurants, the best place to buy fresh seafood, where to buy local wines, perhaps a good recipe or meal ideas that we can whip up in a hotel room. We have hired private chefs for dinner parties in Hawaii, and have searched for the perfect cinnamon buns across the country. We want to help visitors to the Island have the ultimate culinary experience!
Do you carry alcoholic beverages?
Due to the liquor regulations of British Columbia, it is difficult for us to resell alcoholic beverages online. WE CAN, HOWEVER, DELIVER local products on your behalf within the Comox Valley area. We have several wineries and micro-breweries which we love to promote and will be adding them to our list of suggested vendors early in 2017.
How did you come up with the name?
Our intent is to represent producers and vendors on and in the vicinity of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. While the term “Westcoast” is quite broad and does not explicitly convey this, we felt that the connection was still a good one. The word “Gourmet” is not meant to scare customers away, but rather to indicate that we are targeting people who love good food, who love to cook and to explore new products and ideas. “Provisions” came originally from the concept of stocking a charter sailboat, which we have had some experience with. We had considered providing additional grocery items such as milk, cream, bread & butter, etc. for tourists, and would still do so on a custom basis, but our focus is on the artisan products that are so abundant on the Island.
All questions and concerns should be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy and Security
We value your privacy as much as we value our own privacy, if not more. We’re not going to sell, give away or otherwise abuse your email address or any other information that you give us. All payments and credit card details are governed by the Privacy Policies of PayPal, and none of this information is stored by Westcoast Gourmet Provisions.
Terms of Service – Required by our Legal Counsel
Effective December 15, 2016
Westcoast Gourmet Provisions (”Westcoast”), legally incorporated under the name PV Management Services Ltd., provides the website westcoast-gourmet.com, our computing applications and the data, information, tools, updates and similar materials delivered or provided by Westcoast (the “Services”), and all goods sold there-through (the “Goods”), subject to your agreement to and compliance with the conditions set forth in this Terms and Conditions Agreement (the “Agreement”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions governing your use and purchase of the Goods and Service. By using the Service, purchasing any Goods or otherwise entering into this Agreement, you are creating a binding contract with Westcoast. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use the Service.
- You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to use the Service. By using the Service, you represent that you meet this minimum age requirement.
- You must be at least nineteen (19) years old to request delivery of alcoholic beverages. By doing so, you represent that you meet this minimum age requirement.
- Westcoast sells and ships products only to Canada. While Westcoast may accept special orders, we may not ship to an international destination of your choice. Unless you contact Westcoast separately and we accept a special shipment, any purchase order that designates an address outside of our ordinary delivery area will not be accepted. Shipping charges will be presented at checkout. To the extent applicable, you are responsible for all foreign taxes and duties on your shipment.
- If your order has been cancelled or declined for any reason, either before or after acceptance, Westcoast will make reasonable efforts to contact you to inform you of its cancellation or non-acceptance. Should an order which uses an incorrect, expired, or declined credit card be processed, Westcoast reserves the right to collect payment for such transaction, and you agree to be liable for any fees, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and collection costs, that Westcoast may incur in its efforts to collect such unpaid balance from you, plus interest.
- Westcoast may decline an order, for any reason or no reason, and subject to a refund, may cancel an accepted order at any time.
- As Westcoast sells food products, it does not offer returns or refunds. All sales are final. We are committed to providing our customers with a great experience; if you are unhappy with a product you purchased on our site, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Title and risk of loss for any purchases pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. We reserve the right to ship partial orders (at no additional cost to you), and the portion of any order that is partially shipped may be charged at the time of shipment. Unless as a result of events outside of our direct control, orders of products purchased by you through the Services will be delivered within the time period specified for the delivery method you have selected.
- While we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Services remain available at all times, we do not represent or warrant that access to the Services will be error-free or uninterrupted, or without defect, and we do not guarantee that users will be able to access or use the Services, or its features, at all times.
- The Services may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies, including relating to price, and may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any such errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- The materials included in the Services may include health information. Such information is NOT intended, and in no way is, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding food storage and consumption safety.
- We have made effort to display as accurately and reliably as possible the colors, sizes, dimensions, materials, textures, and all other physical aspects (“Depiction”) of the goods that appear on the Services. However, many of the Goods on the website are artisanal, and product characteristics can vary. We cannot guarantee, and make no warranty, promise, or agreement that any depicted or described product fully comports with its Depiction or description.
- Your use of the Services is conditioned on your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to these rules of conduct. You agree that you are responsible for complying with all laws, rules and regulations in your jurisdiction regarding the Services and any Goods purchased through the Services.
- You agree that you are responsible for all of the conduct engaged in through your account, and all charges incurred by your account, whether or not you performed or authorized them.
- Westcoast reserves the right to deny all or some portion of the Services to any user, in Westcoast’s sole discretion, at any time. All grants of any rights from you to Westcoast related to Content, Submissions, or other materials, including but not limited to copyright licenses, shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Further, your representations, defense and indemnification obligations survive any termination of this Agreement.
- The Services may contain links. Such links are provided for informational purposes only, and Westcoast does not endorse any website or services through the provision of such a link.
- The Services may contain articles, text, imagery, video, audio, data, information and other similar materials originating from third-parties. Westcoast does not endorse any third party content that may appear on the Services or that may be derived from content that may appear on the Services, even if such content was summarized, collected, reformatted or otherwise edited by Westcoast.
- EXCEPT WHERE NOT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICES AND ANY GOODS SOLD OR PROVIDED BY WESTCOAST ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WESTCOAST, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, ACCURACY, SUITABILITY, APPLICABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IN AND TO THE SERVICES AND ANY GOODS SOLD OR PROVIDED BY WESTCOAST. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WESTCOAST SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WESTCOAST, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELATED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU BASED ON OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES OR ANY GOODS SOLD OR PROVIDED BY WESTCOAST, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY GOODS SOLD OR PROVIDED BY WESTCOAST, EVEN IF WESTCOAST AND/OR RELATED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.